PLEASE SCROLL THROUGH OUR RECENT PROJECTS
JOHN MACDOOGLE VISITORS' CENTRE
ANIMAL HEALTH TRUST, LANWADES PARK
The Grade II listed stable block has been sensitively converted to a Visitors’ Centre to house at ground floor level exhibitions detailing the history of the Animal Health Trust and the work of the Kennel Club together with shop and café facilities. The Trust’s fundraising and public relation staff are accommodated at first floor level.
The refurbishment works included underpinning a section of the existing structure, first floor strengthening, permanent chimney stack support structure, timber treatment and damp-proof course injection, overhaul, repair and some replacement of existing windows and doors, overhaul and repair of the existing feeding troughs, stalls, clock face and mechanism, new electrical, plumbing, heating and hot water services, a lift for disabled access to the first floor, new floor, wall and ceiling finishings including an engraved motif in the new Yorkstone flooring to the Kennel Club show room, glass display panelling and specialist interior fit out works and brick repairs and cleaning to the external elevations and courtyard walls.
The contract was completed at the end of April 1998 at a total cost of £550,000 including fitting out with bespoke exhibition display units.
ANIMAL HEALTH TRUST, LANWADESPARK
Lanwades Hall is a Grade II listed building originally constructed around 1907. The mansion house has been sympathetically refurbished to a high standard of finish with careful attention to detail to provide accommodation for the directorate, administration and finance offices and one of the best veterinary science libraries in Europe.
Conference and catering facilities for meetings and training seminars together with staff common rooms are provided at ground floor level.
The building contractor was appointed at an early stage to assist in the investigative works and contribute to buildability to avoid unpleasant surprises and unforeseen costs occurring at a later date.